Thursday, March 6, 2008

Fashion stuff

I threw a couple of these up on my Flickr page and thought I would add some here, too. These are a couple of recent fashion shoots I did for a local magazine.

The first shot was taken in downtown Conway, using the wall of a building that was shaded from the sun. The building next to it - bathed in full sun - had a white wall, which was a really cool reflector for the model. It really made for some great lighting.

The next shot was taken at a strip mall, which didn't necessarily lend itself to a great background for the shot. But, I backed off and used a long lens to compress the shops, and let the lighting coming in from behind the model and bounce off the glass surfaces. It really seemed to help the shot.

The models really made the shots, though. They both seemed to know what I wanted to accomplish and did really well in helping me capture that.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

These are great!! Loved how you explained how you did everything. The lighting was really fun.

Lisa said...

ps you are more behind on blogging than I am!