Thursday, March 6, 2008

Shooting in the dark

Man, the planetarium was dark.

"I can turn the lights up a little bit," Scott said.

Which led us to the end result. I put the camera on a tripod to allow for a long enough exposure to let the existing light bleed through (the red area in the background). I lit the subject with one shoe mount flash in an umbrella and one with a blue gel on the projector.

I really wasn't expecting much, and was pleasantly suprised with end result. I won't show the out of focus ones, though.

1 comment:

Dobson said...

Hi Mike!!

You've got some great photos on your blogs. Seeing your work makes me miss photography. How are you? I loved the photos you took in Italy. That must have been a fabulous time. I can see that you are still very into photography. Are you still working for the paper, or do you have your own business now? I couldn't really tell from you blogs, but I'd love to keep in touch. Send me an e-mail if you get the time. I'd love to hear from you. I have to go now, I have a 3 year old screaming for mac n' cheese.
Later (I hope),
Cindy (I'm using Joe's blogger account)..